Thursday, January 27, 2022

Bomadi Constituency: Tam Oburumu Declares Interest for House of Assembly

Bomadi Constituency: Tam Oburumu Declares Interest for House of Assembly



As the 2022 political year begins, a former Delta State House of Assembly candidate of the AAC party in Bomadi Constituency, Hon Comrade. Tam Oburumu has once again declare intention to run in the forthcoming 2023 general elections.

The civil rights activist made his intention known to the public through press briefing on Saturday 22nd January, 2022, at Bomadi stated that he is coming with the masses orientated programmes whereby the immediate needs of the people will be his top priority.

He said the present legislative modiocrity and incompetence bedeviling Bomadi Constituency would be a thing of the past when given the mandate to serve.

Comr. Tam stressed that as a legislator, he is going to be accessible and accountable on every single appropriation which our people have never experienced before. His leadership will be completely driven by the will of the people. There shall be physical and psychological development of the people through the provision of good education and self reliant programs for the youths and the elders.

The Ogbeinama/Esyanma born politician noted that he will build a Constituency office in Bomadi town to provide  the opportunity for constituents to lay complaints and suggestions. This is aside the frequent town hall meetings "I will be holding monthly with every ward under my constituency", he said.  

The peoples comrade reiterated that he is ready to make the impact most contemporary ljaw politicians think is impossible. He lamented that Bomadi LGA has no good hospital, road, electricity, water, school etc because of bad leadership and selfish representation. Cultism, prostitution, truancy and drug abuse are in the high side amongst the youths because we have leaders who take pleasure in abandoning the plight of the youths. They only use them to kill and rig elections. This he vows to stop when elected into office come 2023.

He therefore, appeal to the good people of Bomadi Constituency to intrust him with their votes and see what he can offer them in terms of effective representation.

However, read below the official statement of Comr. Tam Oburumu masses driven ambition..

THEOREM OF LEADERSHIP

(Why I am Contending to Represent Bomadi Constituency in the Delta State House of Assembly.)

Official Declaration of My Masses Driven Ambition 
 by Comr. Tam Oburumu 

Introduction -

I am  Tamaraukepreye Oburumu  ,known widely as comrade Tam Oburumu .I am paternally  from ogbeinama, ward six of Bomadi LGA  and maternally from  Ayakoromo, ward seven, Burutu LGA. 

I have a degree in  English studies of the Obefemi Awolowo university 2005. I did my primary education in  Bomadi, Ayakoromo and Okpokunou towns and my secondary in Ayakoromo and very briefly in kpakiama. 
 I am in my early forties ,a writer,  civil rights activist, teacher, TV and radio programs  analyst. I am a direct grandson of Chief T. O Onduku (the renowned Ijaw educationist, historian and Ijaw language alphabet progenitor.)

WHY I WANT TO  REPRESENT BOMADI CONSTITUENCY

 I am very sad, truly and passionately sad about the deliberately engineered poor and grossly incompetent  representation meted out on the hapless citizens of Bomadi constituency by a group of  selfish political syndicate .

From 1999 to date ,representation in the Bomadi constituency is nothing but a colossal failure in terms of leadership and legislative competence. Our people are at the receiving end of this tragedy, experiencing neglect and underdevelopment from persons whose duties are to promote and protect the constituents. 

This is what I want to correct. I want to give my good people of bomadi constituency, the true definition of representation in which their immediate needs will be a top priority. 

The previous and present opportunists lucky enough to have ingloriously benefited as legislators  from the primitive syndrome of imposition have offered nothing but glare legislative mediocrity and incompetence..An embarrassing situation everybody well meaning individual in Bomadi constituency  is tired of. This, I want to correct. 

As a legislator, I am going to be accessible and  accountable on every single appropriation which our people have never experienced before . My leadership will be completely driven by the will of the people .There shall be physical and psychological development of the people through the provision of good education and self reliant programs for the youths and the elders.

A constituency office shall be established in Bomadi town to provide  the opportunity for constituents to lay complaints and suggestions. This is aside the frequent town hall meetings I will be holding monthly with very ward under my constituency.   

The propagation, sponsoring of bills and moving of motions for  the collective interest of the people will  be given a top priority during my legislative days. I  will be very vocal during plenary and actively participate in bills passages  and budget presentations to the benefit of my constituents. I am going to make sure vital infrastructural projects  in my constituency are included in the budget through lobbying and by any means necessary. 

The constituency development funds I receive shall be published openly  ,accounted for and will be used  for human faced  projects through the  direct involvement of the  constituents. 
The usual  impunity of siphoning the constituency development funds by this present  carefree representative will be put to an end. 
 
I will also  create platforms for youth leadership and  entrepreneurship  skills. Great responsibilities shall be given to our youths to give them the self confidence and ability to excel in any chosen field. 

I am ready to make the impact people think is impossible. Today, Bomadi LGA has no good hospital, road, electricity, water, school because of bad leadership and selfish representation. Cultism, prostitution, truancy and drug abuse are in the high side amongst the youths because we have leaders who take pleasure in abandoning the plight of the youths.. They only use them to kill and rig elections. This  I will stop. 

We are in this sorry state in our constituency because of the level of poor leadership and representation. This must stop. 

Together let's come under one united force and rewrite our destiny by chasing these bad eyes away from our productive lives. 
Vote for me, support the movement and history will be proud of the bold step we have taken  to  redeem our people from bad leadership.

I am comrade Tam Oburumu and I am running for the post of a legislator to represent the good people of Bomadi constituency. 
Thank you and God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment