Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Hon. Pullah charges Burutu politicians to be tolerant, show love


Hon. Pullah charges Burutu politicians to be tolerant, show love 



Member Delta state house of Assembly from Burutu South constituency, Hon. Pullah Ekpotuayerin has tasked politicians in Burutu local government area to be tolerant and exhibit spirit of good sportsmanship with  love ahead of 2023 general polls.

Hon. Pullah disclosed this at the weekend while hosting some journalists at his residence in Warri, said '' We need to be tolerant and show love to one another. Elections will come and go. But our family ties and friendship will remain forever..

'' I can see that the  political atmosphere at the early part of 2022 in Burutu LGA is getting quite tense with various groups springing up with press statements and social media comments, making it  quite serious ahead of 2023 general polls'' he noted.

The lawmaker who is the chairman House committee on Oil and Gas as well as environment in the state house of Assembly said that power belongs to God and nobody can implant himself on the will of the people and God, advising aspirants and their supporters to play politics with the spirit of sportsmanship where both losers and winners embrace each other.

He revealed that he is still consulting whether he would seek for second tenure or not. '' But  my second tenure campaign cannot come up now. I am still the lawmaker representing the good people of Burutu South, it will be too hasty now to declare my ambition at the early part of the year. But you must understand that if my people want me to return, who am I to say no. I am just a messenger sent by my people to serve them on lawmaking and again to draw development to the people through our amiable Delta state governor Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, a man who is detribalized and visionary leader, taking Delta state to the next level.

'' Well of course, I have received several groups, high Burutu personalities have been urging me to go for my second tenure to continue my good works in the Delta state House of Assembly. 

''You know the Nigerian constitution permits as many tenures you can as far as your people are comfortable and happy with you.

'' My people are happy with my leadership and that is my greatest joy as a lawmaker. But to answer you, I am still consulting' ' He said.

Courtesy:
Pullah 2023 media team

No comments:

Post a Comment