Saturday, May 6, 2023

Former YPP Assembly Candidate, Tam Resigns from Party in Delta








Former YPP Assembly Candidate, Tam Resigns from Party in Delta

....... lndefinitely suspends all partisan political activities


Warri ______ Former two times House of Assembly Candidate to represent Bomadi Constituency in Delta State House of Assembly under the platforms of AAC in 2019 and YPP in 2023 general elections, Comrade Tam Oburumu has resigned from the party as well as indefinitely suspended all partisan political activities until further notice.

In a statement released over the weekend in Bomadi, the Ogbein-ama born grassroot politician, writer cum activist noted that the decision is taken based on personal ground, stressing that further attempt to come back to the movement shall be communicated to his undying fans and followers via the same medium. 

He however, thanked and appreciated the various political parties that gave him the opportunity to test his popularity over the years, adding that better days ahead in the future.

While appreciating his wife, family, children, fans, followers and supporters, Oburumu stated that the present political situation in the country, especially Bomadi, Burutu and Delta State at large is money bag politics, hence his genuine intention to provide good leadership was not welcomed by the people due to brainwashed by the present corrupt politicians.

According to him, said:"

I am Oburumu Tamaraukepreye popularly known as Tam Oburumu. An author, writer , activist and two times House of assembly candidate to represent Bomadi constituency, under the platforms of AAC in 2019 and YPP in 2023 respectively.

I am suspending partisan political activities which include being member of any political party .
This translates to my personal resignation from any political affiliation including YPP indefinitely.

I thank AAC and YPP for giving me the rare opportunities of  venturing  into politics in 2019 and 2023 respectively. I truly wanted the best for our people .

Subsequently, I am officially suspending all partisan political activities indefinitely.

I am taking this decision due to my own private conviction that the political waters around my constituency and state is of no good future rather than backstabbing, blackmailing and  completely money prompted  by even people of my political party , constituency and state.
People are brainwashed , programmed robots to PDP in Bomadi, Burutu  LGAs and in fact Delta State in general. In such situation, it will be a complete waste of time and resources for persons like me who truly have the genuine mind to change the narrative.

I have also realized that all the political patties in Nigeria are the same with people desperate for power , positions and money . people who do not believe in ideology and cash . People who campaign and vote for the highest bidder . people sell their mandates to richer oppositions . I am too decent and principled to be in such dirty and shameless grounds.

I will henceforth concentrate on my writings, activism and humanitarian activities. 

My family , I mean wife and children have paid untold sacrifices because of my zeal to give good leadership and representation to people who do not even care or appreciate. But I thank God for everything.

Any review of the above decision at any point in time  will always be communicated to my fans and followers. 

I urge everyone to respect this decision as it's constitutionally my right to do this.

Thank you .

Sign
Tam Oburumu
Author/ Activist.

No comments:

Post a Comment