Saturday, October 30, 2021

Bayelsa born Cyclist begs Gov. Diri, Philanthropists, others to save his leg from been Amputated


Bayelsa born Cyclist begs Gov. Diri, Philanthropists, others to save his leg from been Amputated



Yenagoa_____ Mr. Wisdom Stephen Benebo, who hailed from Ekeremor Town in Ekeremor local government area of Bayelsa State, is soliciting help from the state government, organizations and individuals so that his leg will not be amputated.  

Benebo who made this known in an exclusive interview with Mangrovepen.ng, stated that he is a cyclist and has represented the state in several competitions before his health took a drastic turn. 

According to him, “Some months ago, my left hand started swelling all of a sudden. After a series of treatments, it stopped but the swelling later moved to my right hand. 

“Despite the treatment, my right hand kept swelling till it burst and had to be amputated.  

He explained that he stayed in the hospital for three months as a result of unpaid bills, despite pleas to his coach for assistance. 

“During that period and even now, my coach has been showing less concern. I will call her and she will ignore my calls.

“It was my friend, Ms. Ala Fynface, women leader of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC Okpoama clan), who came to visit me that assisted me in paying part of the bill. She took me to the Commissioner of Sports, who asked me to come with my coach. 

“I called my coach but she kept giving me excuses. It is either she will tell me she's not around or she will ignore my calls. Even the last time I called her, she told me I should pack my bags and go live in the church. 

“Some weeks ago, my left leg started swelling and it is currently giving me sleepless nights because of the excruciating pains,” he narrated.  

When contacted, his friend, Ms. Fynface, pleaded with the state government to come to his rescue. 

“He is the only child of his mother and she is currently broken and has fallen sick. Because of this issue, she used her only piece of land as surety in the hospital, so she can raise the remaining bill.

“The help he has gotten so far from the ministry of sports is from one Mr. Braveman Odu, who he is a director in the ministry. He gave him the sum of N80,000 to help foot his hospital bill. 

“All he needs now is immediate medical attention so that his left leg will not be amputated like the right hand,” she urged.  

Benebo can be reached via this phone number: 08068949542

Plz help share 🙏 to save a life..

No comments:

Post a Comment